Compounded Pain Medication
Pain management is an aspect of medicine that is often challenging to treat. Many patients struggle to find a solution to their acute and chronic pain ailments while also trying to avoid unwanted side effects. Compounding topical analgesics may be efficacious as add on therapy to pain regimens with minimal side effects. Compound cream formulations can treat everything from inflammation and muscle aches to herniated discs and migraines.
Common Compounded Pain Relief Cream Ingredients
Compounded topical cream formulations can mix active ingredients to create a customized treatment that works well for each individual with minimal side effects. Common compounded cream ingredients:
- Non-steroidal Anti-inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDS): Diclofenac, Ketoprofen, Ibuprofen, Mefenamic acid, Piroxicam
- Muscle Relaxants: Baclofen, Cyclobenzaprine, Guaifenesin
- Pain and Nerve Channel Blockers: Amantadine, Ketamine
- Anesthetics: Lidocaine, Tetracaine, Prilocaine
- Calcium Channel Blocker: Nifedipine, Verapamil
- Nerve Agents: Gabapentin, Amitriptyline
- Others: Capsaicin, Menthol, Clonidine Etc.
To learn more about pain creams and other pain relief options, contact Dalcoma Pharmacy today.